To commemorate its 10th year, the Latino & Iberian Film Festival invites Yale student artists to submit a poster design for the festival’s poster.
The contest is open to all Yale University students, graduate and undergraduate.
Rules and Guidelines
- Submissions will be accepted on or before Monday, September 9, 2019.
- Each designer may submit up to two entries.
- Submissions will be accepted in .jpg format. The posters design should measure 11in. x 17in (tabloid size) in portrait orientation and have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Please note: the designer of the winning poster will be requested to resubmit the poster in a higher resolution so that it can be reproduced.
- The poster should include the following information:
- Latino & Iberian Film Festival (LIFFY)
- November 13-17, 2019
- *Please note: Some additional content, including information, wordmarks and logos for Yale, the Council on Latin American & Iberian Studies, and the Latino & Iberian Film Festival, along with sponsor logos, will be added to the poster above and/or below the winning poster image.
- Only original artwork will be considered. Copyrighted, trademarked products, packaging, brand names and advertisements may not be used within the poster.
- By submitting their poster designs to the LIFFY Poster Competition, you attest that:
- You are the only author of your work and that it is your original work
- You are the sole copyright holder
- You have not licensed any rights in the work that will conflict with the usage rights required by Yale University.
- By submitting to this contest, you consent to the following:
I grant to Yale University (“Yale”) the right to copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, exhibit, display, edit, or otherwise use my poster design, my name, and biographical information for educational, promotional, or other purposes that support Yale’s mission. I understand that these rights are granted to Yale and may be used in whole or in part without compensation.
I affirm that the subjects in my poster have agreed that their likenesses may be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of this contest as listed above.
Submissions will be judged by a committee of LIFFY personnel. All decisions are final.
Entries will be judged on:
- overall impact of the poster
The winning artist will receive $250 and recognition in the Latino & Iberian Film Festival printed program.